This is my first post here. I am hoping to make your buying or selling experience a little easier. And along the way introduce you to the wonderful Denver Colorado lifestyle!
Here are some tips that I have put together that you may find helpful!
Buying & Selling Tips
Buying or selling a home is one of the most important decisions a person will have to make in their lifetime. This experience can be daunting unless you are working together with a professional real estate broker who understands the process. If you are thinking of engaging in the buying process, contact me.
When Selling a Home:
A seller should never underestimate the importance of making a good first impression on a potential buyer. Here are a few simple tips that can help increase your home’s appeal and value:
An Appealing Exterior:
Keep the front walkway swept
- Remove newspapers, bikes and toys from the front walk or yard
- Park extra cars away from the property
- Trim back the shrubs
- Apply a fresh coat of exterior paint if necessary
- Clean windows and window coverings
- Keep plumbing and all appliances in working order
- Maintain all sealants (sink, tub, window, shower, etc.) in good condition
- Make sure roof and gutters are in good condition
- Mow the lawn frequently and plant flowers, hire a professional landscaping company if necessary
A Clean and Inviting Interior:
- Keep the kitchen and bathrooms spotless
- Vacuum carpets and keep floor surfaces clean
- Accent living and dining rooms with freshly cut flowers
- Put dishes and laundry away
- Make beds
- Open drapes and turn on lights to enhance the atmosphere
- Keep closets neat
- Put toys away
- Switch off the television
- Keep pets out of the way and pet areas clean and odor-free
- Make safe jewelry, cash, prescription medication and other valuables
- Avoid clutter to enhance the spaciousness of your home
Generally speaking, potential buyers usually feel more comfortable when owners are not present. If an interested party is unaccompanied by an agent and request to see your property, please refer them to your real estate professional for an appointment. If you are leaving town, even for a day remember to leave the number where you can be reached so that offers can be made promptly.